Prep time : 15mts
Cooking time : 20mts
Serves : 3
Cuisine : Andhra
1 lb Guvar beans (chop them into 1 inch size pieces)
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustards
few curry leaves
1 medium onion, chopped
5 green chillies (adjust, slit them length wise)
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
salt to taste
3 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish
1. Chop beans into 1 inch size pieces, boil them in hot water for 10 minutes or till slightly tender and drain them and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a thick bottom kadai, add cumin seeds and mustards, let them splutter on low heat.
3. Add curry leaves, green chillies and chopped onions, saute till transparent on low heat.
4. Add turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste, fry for few seconds. Add boiled guvar beans , mix, covered, stirring between, cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add chopped tomatoes and salt, mix well, covered, stirring between, cook for more 10 minutes or till done.
6. Add finely chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
7. Goes very well with white rice and also with chapati.
Bookmark this post: