6 Fish fillets (Tilapia or korrameenu or bocha)
3 tbsp oil
1 big chopped onion
few curry leaves
salt as per taste
1/2 tsp whole garam masala powder
fresh chopped coriander leaves
For paste :
1 onion (make 6 pieces and roast in 1/2 tsp of oil)
2 tsp jeera ( roast lightly)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp curd
1 tsp lemon juice and
above onion and jeera paste
1. Roast the jeera without oil and keep aside.
2. Heat 1/2 tsp oil, add big onion pieces, roast them till light brown and keep aside. Let them cool.
3. Now grind the jeera, make it smooth powder, then add above roasted onion, make to smooth paste, if you want you can add 1 tbsp water.
4. Clean the fish fillets.
5. For marination, add turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, curd, lemon juice and above onion jeera paste in a bowl, mix well. Then apply this marinade to all the fish fillets, and keep aside for 15 minutes.
6. Heat oil in a pan or kadai, add curry leaves and onions, fry till lightly brown.
7. Now place the marinade fish fillets one by one, pour the marinade mixture on top of fillets, covered, cook them on low heat for 5 minutes. Check that fish does not burn or get stuck to the kadai.
8. Slowly turn the fish pieces, cover and cook on low heat for more 5 minutes.
9. After fish completely cooks, add salt and whole garam masala powder, mix gently, let the gravy thicken and till oil leaves the edges of kadai, turn off the heat, sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves.
Note : Do not stir too much of fish pieces, otherwise they may brake. This curry will be very tasty, when you serve hot.
Bookmark this post: