1 cup split moongdal (Roast for 5 minutes on low flame)
a pinch of turmeric powder
small lemon size tamarind
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp mustards
2 dry red chillies (cut them into each 2 pieces)
3 green chillies (slit them length wise)
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 chopped tomato
few curry leaves
chopped coriander leaves for garnish
1. soak tamarind in 1/2 cup warm water and extract the thick juice and keep aside.
2. Take the roasted moongdal in cooker, add water and turmeric powder, pressure cook the dal for 1 whistle and let it cool completely.
3. For talimpu, heat oil, add jeera and mustards, let them pop, add garlic, dry red chillies and green chillies, saute for few seconds, add chopped tomato and curry leaves, mix, covered, cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
4. Then add cooled moongdal, tamarind juice and salt, mix well (If necessary add 1/2 cup water), bring to a boil, turn off the heat and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
5. Serve hot with rice.
Note : 1. Finally dal content should be watery.
2. Instead of tamarind juice, some times i will use lemon juice also. It will give different taste and taste will be hmmmmmmmmmm.
3. Use moongdal only for better taste.
Bookmark this post: