2 cups basmati rice
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp clarified ghee or butter
1" piece dalchini
1 tsp Shajeera
3 green chillies (slit them into length wise)
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
few curry leaves (optional)
1 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup green peas
salt as per taste
3 1/4 cups of water
finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish (optional)
chopped pudina for garnish (optional)
1. Soak the basmati rice for 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil and butter in a kadai, Once heat, add shajeera, lavangi, elachi and dalchini, saute for few seconds, add green chillies and ginger garlic paste, again saute for few more seconds.
3. Now add chopped carrots and green peas, mix, fry for 5 minutes on low heat.
4. Add soaked basmati rice, mix gently, fry for 2 minutes, add water and salt, mix, cook until Rice cooks completely, stirring once or twice. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Note : 1) I prepared this rice in electric rice cooker.
2) Here i didnt use coriander leaves and pudina leaves. If we use, then we can get extra flavours.
3) You can use chopped onions also. You have to fry onions after spices.
Bookmark this post: