Potato-Green Peas Fry:
Prep : 10mts
Cooking time: 15mts
Serves : 2 (and also for veg puffs stuffing)
Cuisine : Andhra
3 boiled and pealed potatoes (cut into cube sized pieces)
1/2 cup green peas (frozen or fresh)
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp mustards
1 chopped onion
1 finely chopped green chilli
few curry leaves
a pinch of turmeric powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
salt as per taste
chopped coriander leaves for garnish
1. Heat oil, once heat, add jeera and mustards, let them pop, add chopped onions, curry leaves and finely chopped green chilli, fry till transparent on medium flame.
2. Reduce heat to low, Add turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste, fry for 5 seconds.
3. Add potato pieces and green peas, mix, covered, cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
4. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt, mix gently, covered, cook for more 5-6 minutes. Adjust salt and turn off the heat and garnish with fresh finely chopped coriander leaves.
5. Use this curry as stuffing for veg puffs or yummy samosas and also for masala dosa. Also you can serve this fry as side dish with hot steamed rice.
Bookmark this post: