Potato Peas Masala Gravy:
Prep time : 8 mts
Cooking time : 15 mts
Serves : 4
Cuisine : Andhra
Ingredients for Masala Powder :
1 tbsp chanadal
1 tbsp urid dal
1 tbsp coriander seeds
2 dry red chillies
1 tsp jeera
1 tsp salt
1. Roast all above ingredients except salt with help of 1/2 tsp oil, let them cool.
2. Take all the roasted ingredients into small mixy cup, add salt, make a fine smooth powder. store in a air tight container.
3 boiled potatoes ( peal them and cut into medium size pieces)
1/2 cup green peas
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp jeera
1 tsp mustards
1 big chopped onion
few curry leaves
4 green chillies (slit them length wise)
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
salt as per taste
4 tbsp masala powder (above)
fresh chopped coriander leaves for garnish
1. Cut all the ingredients, boiled potatoes, tomatoes and onions and keep aside.
2. Heat oil, add jeera and mustards, let them pop, add onions, curry leaves and green chillies, fry till onions become slightly reddish on medium heat.
3. Add turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste, mix, saute few more seconds, add chopped tomatoes, mix, covered, cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
4. Add potato pieces and green peas, mix gently, covered, cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
5. Add ground masala powder and 1.5 cup of water, add salt (careful about salt, because already salt content is there in masala powder), mix, covered, bring to a boil on hight heat.
6. Now reduce to low heat, stirring, covered, cook till gravy comes to thick. Adjust the salt and garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves, turn off the heat.
7. Serve hot with vegetable pulav or any other kind of rice dishes. Even it goes well with white rice and chapathi also.
Note: You can replace aloo with brinjals or green peas or drum sticks.
Bookmark this post: