Prep time: 20mts
Cooking time : 15mts
Cuisine : Indian
Ingredients: To Make Smooth Paste:
1 onion (Cut into 6 pieces)
4 tbsp fresh grated coconut
1/2 cup fresh chopped coriander and mint leaves (mixed)
2 tsp ginger pieces
2 medium size tomatoes (cut each into 6 pieces)
3 green chillies
4 garlic pods
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp jeera
1 tsp mustards
a pinch of hing
a pinch of turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp whole garam masala powder
salt as per taste
1. Heat 1/2 tsp oil, add onion pieces, fry till light golden color and keep aside, let it cool completely.
2. In the same kadai, add grated coconut, fry till light golden color and keep aside, let it cool completely.
3. Next add 1/2 tsp oil, add tomato pieces, crushed ginger, green chillies, coriander, mint leaves and garlic pods, fry till tomatoes completely soft texture, turn off the heat, let it cool completely.
4. Take all the above fried ingredients into blender, make into smooth paste.
5. Heat remaining oil, add jeera and mustards, let them pop, add hing and turmeric powders, add above ground paste, fry till oil separates.
6. Add red chilli powder, salt, garam masala and 1/2 cup water, mix, covered, stirring, cook till gravy comes to desired thickness.
7. Serve hot with any kind of fried rice or even it goes very well with white rice and also chapatis.
Bookmark this post: