Prep time: 45mts (for rice)
Cooking time: 10mts
Serves : 3
Cuisine : Andhra
1 raw or green mango (peeled and grate it)
3 cups cooked basmati or sonamasoori rice
salt as per taste
4 tbsp oil
3 dry red chillies
2 green chillies (slit them length wise)
1 tsp jeera
1 tsp mustards
2 tsp chanadal
2 tsp urid dal
4 tbsp groundnuts
few curry leaves
a big pinch of hing
a big pinch of turmeric powder
3 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
1. Cook the rice and let it cool completely.
2. Peel and grate raw mango and keep aside.
3. Prepare the tadka with oil, dry red chillies, green chillies, urid dal, chanadal, groundnuts, jeera, mustards, curry leaves, hing, coriander leaves and turmeric powder and keep aside.
4. First mix the grated raw mango with rice completely and gently with your fingers. Next add above talimpu to the rice, mix gently.
5. Finally add the salt, again mix slowly. Adjust salt and serve.
Note: 1. Careful about the salt. Add the salt in the final stage only otherwise the rice becomes watery.
2. One more thing, take care while preparing the tadka. This should be correct i.e frying groundnuts, urid dal and chana dal.
Bookmark this post: