Prep time: 20mts
Cooking time : 20mts
Serves : 3
Cuisine : Punjabi
4 cups fresh Spinach leaves (wash and dry)
1 cup paneer cubes
2 small size tomatoes
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
3 green chillies
3 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp jeera powder
1/2 tsp whole garam masala powder
1/2 tsp dhania powder
salt as per taste
2 tsp clarified butter
1. Cook the palak and green chillies in 1 cup of water for 3 minutes and let it cool completely. Make a smooth paste and keep aside. Keep the palak boiled water separately.
2. Keep Tomatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes, then remove the skin, let them cool, make puree and keep aside.
3. Heat oil, fry the paneer cubes till light golden color and keep aside.
4. In the same oil add tomato puree, ginger garlic paste and spinach paste, fry till oil comes out on low heat. Add 1/2 cup of water (you can use spinach boiled water), jeera powder, dhania powder, whole garam masala powder and salt, mix, covered, cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add fried cubes, mix, gently, cook till gravy comes to thicken. Turn off the heat. Keep 2 tsp clarified butter on top of the gravy and cover with lid.
6. Before serves mix well, serve hot with chapatis, rotis, naans or any kind of fried rice.
Bookmark this post: