Prep : 30mts
Cooking time : 45mts
Cuisine : Andhra
3 cups tamarind juice (you can use readymade extract or take 1 medium lemon size tamarind, soak in warm water and extract the juice)
2 cups cooked toor dal (kandi pappu)
2 tbsp readymade sambar powder (I used MTR)
salt as per taste
1 medium size chopped tomato
3 green chillies (slit them length wise)
1.5 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp jeera
1 tsp mustards
a big pinch of hing
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 medium size chopped onions
few curry leaves
1/2 tsp whole garam masala powder
finely chopped coriander leaves for better taste
1. Extract the juice from soaked tamarind and keep aside into a big bowl.
2. Cook the toor dal, take into blender and make into smooth paste and keep aside.
3. Keep the tamarind juice bowl in hight flame, add chopped tomato, green chillies, ginger garlic paste, sambar powder and salt to tamarind juice, mix, bring to a boil.
4. Add toor dal paste, mix without lumps, boil till desired thicken on low flame.
5. Finally put the tempering with oil, jeera, mustards, chopped onions, turmeric powder, hing, curry leaves, coriander leaves and hing. Add this talimpu to above sambar, mix well.
6. Finally sprinkle the whole garam masala powder on top of the sambar and turn off the heat.
7. Serve hot with Idli's, Dosa's and white rice too.
Bookmark this post: