Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time : 3 minutes
Serves : 2
Cuisine : Andhra
1 cup cooked cooled white rice
1 cup plain yogurt or curd
1/4 cup milk
3 tbsp finely chopped cucumber
salt as per taste
1 tsp oil
1/2 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp mustards
1/2 tsp urid dal
1/2 tsp finely chopped ginger
3 or 4 buttermilk chillies (challa mirapakayalu)
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. Heat some oil, deep fry the buttermilk chillies and keep aside.
2. Remove excess oil from kadai, leaving 1 tsp oil in the kadai. Add jeera (cumin seeds), mustards, let them pop, add urid dal and chopped ginger, saute for few seconds and turn off the heat.
3. In a large bowl, whip together milk and curd to form smooth paste. Add finely chopped cucumber, temering and salt, mix.
4. Add rice, mix gently, garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
5. Serve with buttermilk chillies.
Note: 1. If the yogurt you have on hand is too sour, add 1 tsp of sugar.
Bookmark this post: