This rice dish is very easy to prepare with simple ingredients. Looks colorful and delicious. Here is my recipe:
Prep Time : 30 minutes (To soak the rice and for chopping all the ingredients)
Cooking time : 45 minutes
Serves : 4
Cuisine : Andhra
2 cups basmati rice
3 tbsp oil or ghee
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 finely chopped big onion (cut it length wise)
4 green chillies (slit them length wise)
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
few curry leaves
2 big capsicum (chop them length wise)
3 medium size ripe tomatoes (cut them length wise)
salt as per taste
3.5 cups water
1/2 cup finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish
1. Wash and soak the basmati rice for 30 minutes.
2. In the same time chop the onions, tomatoes, capsicum, green chillies and coriander leaves and keep aside.
3. Heat oil or ghee in thick bottom kadai, add cloves, elachi, dalchini and bay leaves, fry for few seconds on low heat.
4. Add cumin seeds, let them splutter, add green chillies, curry leaves and chopped onions, fry till transparent on low heat.
5. Add ginger garlic paste, fry till aroma comes out.
6. Add chopped capsicum and tomatoes, mix, covered, stirring, cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
7. Add soaked rice, water, salt and finely chopped coriander leaves, mix well, covered, stirring between, cook till rice done.
8. Serve with basic gravy, onions or Cucumber Raita.
Note: 1. For colorful preparation, use different colors of capsicum.
2. Use the green chillies according to your spicy level.
Bookmark this post: