Moongdal with Lemon:
Prep time : 1 hour (for dal preparation and cooling)
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serves : 2
Cuisine : Andhra
1 cup split moongdal (Roast for 5 minutes on low flame)
a pinch of turmeric powder
3 tbsp lemon juice (adjust)
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp mustards
2 dry red chillies (cut them into each 2 pieces)
3 green chillies (slit them length wise)
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 chopped tomato
few curry leaves
chopped coriander leaves for garnish
1. Take the roasted moongdal in cooker, add water and turmeric powder, pressure cook the dal for 1 whistle and let it cool completely.
2. When it cool completely then add lemon juice, mix it properly.
3. For tempering, heat oil, add jeera and mustards, let them pop, add garlic, dry red chillies and green chillies, saute for few seconds, add chopped tomato and curry leaves, mix, covered, cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
4. Then add above lemon mixed moongdal to above tempering, add salt, mix well (If necessary add 1/2 cup water), bring to a boil, turn off the heat and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
5. Serve hot with rice.
Note : 1. Finally dal content should be watery.
2. Instead of lemon juice, some times i will use tamarind extract also. It will give different taste and taste will be yummy.
3. Use moongdal only for better taste.
Bookmark this post: