Hello friends, thanks for participating in this funny guessing game. But only Richa, guessed correct ingredient that "shredded zucchini". Thanks richa and keep it up dear.
The name of this yummy breakfast is "Zucchini Besan Puda with peanut chutney". Puda means dosa. This dosa is my entry to two great events. They are Mallugirl's Summer Express Cooking Event and also to Nupur's A-Z Indian Vegetables. This week's letter is "Z". Thanks Nupur and Mallugirl. This is my first time trial but result came out fantastic. Taste was awesome. Its very simple and instant dosa to prepare. We can prepare this dosa with in 15 minutes. Am sure that you will enjoy the taste of this dosa like pesarattu (mung bean dosa). So here is my recipe:
Zucchini Besan Dosa:
Prep time : 8 minutes
Cooking time : 5 minutes
Serves : 3
Cuisine : Indian
1 cup besan flour or shanagapindi
1/4 cup rice flour
1 tsp salt (adjust)
1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies (adjust)
1 cup shredded zucchini (Don't peel)
1 cup water (adjust)
1 tsp cumin seeds
oil for frying dosa
Method: First 8 Minutes for preparation:
1. Wash and grate zucchini and keep aside.
2. chop the green chillies finely and keep aside.
3. Now mix gram flour and rice flour in a bowl, add salt, green chilllies and cumin seeds, mix well, add water, prepare the batter without lumps.
4. Add shredded zucchini to above batter and mix well.
Cooking time : Next 5 minutes:
5. Add more water if required. The consistency of the batter should be thick enough to thickly coat on a spoon when dipped. Heat the iron griddle or non-stick tawa well. Pour a spoonful of batter in the centre, spread with the back of the spoon to a thin round. Pour a tsp of ghee or oil over it.
6. Fry both sides till light golden color. Remove with spatula when crisp.
7. Serve hot with chutney and / or sambar.
Note: 1. Adjust the salt and green chillies according to your spicy level.
Bookmark this post: