Beerakaya Koora (Ridge gourd with egg):
Prep time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 20-25 minutes
Serves : 2
Cuisine : Andhra
1.5 cup of peeled and finely chopped tender ridge gourd pieces
3 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp mustards
few curry leaves
1 finely chopped medium onion
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder (adjust)
salt as per taste
2 eggs (beaten)
1/2 tsp whole garam masala powder
finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish
1. Heat oil, add jeera and mustards, let them pop. Add onions and curry leaves, fry till transparent on medium or low heat.
2. Reduce heat to low, add turmeric and ginger garlic paste, fry few more seconds.
3. Add chopped ridgegourd pieces, mix, covered, stirring between, cook for 10 minutes or till tender.
4. Add red chilli powder and salt, mix well, covered, cook for more 5 minutes.
5. Add beaten eggs and whole garam masala to above mixture, mix slowly, covered, cook for more 5 minutes. Remove the lid, mix well, sprinkle the fresh coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
6. It goes very well with chapatis or rotis and also with white rice.
Bookmark this post: