Fun in the Sun
This is my entry to Anupama's Fun in the Sun, which is about PICNIC FOOD RECIPES. Thanks Anupama for hosting a lovely and great event. This Egg Rolls are very suitable picnic food to carry. Very quick and simple breakfast for any picnic. Here is my Egg Rolls recipe:
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 5 minutes (for each roll)
Serves : 2
Cuisine : Indian
Ingredients: (For 2 Rolls):
2 tortillas or chapatis
2 tbsp oil
1 small potato (peel and grate)(optional)
1 medium size finely chopped onion
1 carrot (grated)
3 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
1/2 tsp pepper or 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
salt as per taste
1. Peel and grate the potato, microwave for 1 minute and keep aside.
2. Finely chop the onion, carrot, green chillies and coriander leaves, Mix with above microwaved grated potato, add salt, mix well and keep aside.
3. Break eggs in a bowl, add salt and keep aside.
4. Heat the oil in a tawa, pour half of the beaten egg, spread it to about the size of tortilla/chapati on low heat.
5. When it is half cooked, spread the potato mixture evenly on omlette and then cover with chapati and press it.
6. Turn and cook the other side. When its cooked fully, roll it and pack with alluminium foil. With this packing, you can carry easily and the egg roll will be soft.
Note: 1. If you want you can replace the filling with seasonable vegetables and also with your favourite ketchup.
Bookmark this post: