Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 25 minutes
Serves : 3
Source : Indira's "Mahanandi"
Cuisine : North Indian
1/8 cup fresh or frozen green peas
1/2 cup paneer cubes
12 roasted cashewnuts
1 medium onion
2 big ripe tomatoes
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp ginger garlic paste(GG Paste)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp red chilli powder (adjust)
1 tsp whole garam masala powder (adjust)
salt to taste
1/2 cup milk (adjust)
1/2 cup water (adjust)
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. Make fine powder of roasted cashewnuts and keep aside.
2. Finely chop a medium onion, coriander leaves and 2 big ripe tomatoes and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in kadai, lightly fry the paneer cubes till light golden color and keep aside. In the same oil, add finely chopped onions, saute till transparent. Add GG paste and fry for few more seconds on low heat.
4. Next add finely chopped tomatoes, mix, covered, cook till soft, when pressed with the back of the spoon.
5. After spoon-mushing tomato pieces, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cashewnuts powder, whole garam masala powder, fresh or frozen green peas, fried paneer cubes and salt. Add 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup water, mix and simmer covered for about 10 minutes or until the gravy thickens.
6. Finally add finely chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
7. Serve hot with Butter Naans or Chapatis or Rotis.
8. I served with butter naans. Really yummy combo with naans and enjoyed a lot. Thanks Indira.
Bookmark this post: