Prep time : 3 hours
Cooking time : 45 minutes
Serves : 2-3
Source : Nupur's One Hot Stove
Prep Time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 40 minutes
Ingredients for Sauce:
1 small onion (finely chopped)
4 garlic pods
1 bell pepper (green/red/orange) (finely chopped)
2 cups tomato puree
1 tsp red chilli powder
salt to taste
1 tbsp tomato ketchup or sugar
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add garlic and finely chopped onions, fry till transparent on low heat.
2. Add finely chopped bell pepper, stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato puree, chilli powder and tomato ketchup. Mix well, uncovered, cook for 20minutes (approx) on simmer or until sauce is thick.
4. Add salt and pepper and let it cool to room temperature. A thick sauce is very important, because a watery sauce will make the crust soggy.
Prep time : 3 hours
2 cups maida or all purpose flour
1 cup wheat flour
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp active dry yeast
1 tsp salt
water as required to make soft dough
Pizza Dough Preparation:
1. Add 1/2 tsp sugar and 1 tsp active dry yeast to 1/4 cup warm water and keep aside for 10 minutes.
2. Mix the maida and wheat flour in a big bowl, add above yeast mixture, sugar, salt and some more water gradually and make a soft dough. Place the dough on a floured surface and knead with your hands and placed in an oiled bowl. Cover with damp cloth or plastic wrap and let it rise for 1-2 hours. Left over pizza dough can be frozen for future use.
Assembling and Baking:
1. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
2. As the oven pre-heats, make the pizza base. Make the dough into two equal portions of two large pizzas (serving 2-3 each). Lightly apply the oil on a baking sheet and start stretching the dough on that baking sheet and press down as above to make the pizza base.
3. Spread pizza sauce on pizza base, leaving the edges unsauced. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the sauce. We topped the pizza with onions, red and green bell peppers slices and also with grated carrot juliens or your choice of veggies etc.,
4. Place the baking sheet with decorated pizza into the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is crispy and golden and the cheese is browning and bubbling.
5. Cut into wedges and serve hot. Yummy veg pizza is ready to serve.
Bookmark this post: