Prep Time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 6 minutes
Serves : 4
Cuisine : Karnataka
2 cups roasted fine semolina or fine rava
1 1/2 cups curds
salt to taste
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
2 tbsp finely chopped curry leaves
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustards
1 tsp urid dal
1 tsp chanadal
2 finely chopped green chillies
1. For this rava idli, I used roasted semolina.
2. Heat oil in a kadai, add mustards, chanadal and urid dal, fry for 2 minutes on low heat. Add green chillies, finely chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves and turn off the heat.
3. Add above tempering to roasted semolina, add beaten curd and salt, mix well. Use little water to mix the batter well.
4. Pour the batter in greased idly trays and steam in pressure cooker for 6 minutes (without weight). Remove idlis after 5 minutes.
5. Serve hot with any chutney of your choice.
Bookmark this post: