Tender Brinjals(baby) : 1/2 kg
Oil to fry
finely chopped coriander leaves
oil : 1/2tbsp
dry red chillies : 7
chanadal : 2tbsp
uraddal : 2tbsp
Fenugreek(methi) seeds : 1/2 tsp
coriander seeds(dhania) : 1tbsp
Cumin Seeds(Jeera) : 1tbsp
Tamarind : 1 lemon size
garlic cloves : 6
Curry Leaves : few
Hing : a pinch
Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Wash and cut brinjals from front side like above photo.
2. Now heat oil in a pan, fry brinjals for 30 seconds, remove, drain and keep aside.
3. In another pan, heat 1tbsp oil, roast above stuffing ingredients on slow flame by adding one by one. Let them cool and blend them into a fine powder.
4. Take this powder into a bowl, pour little water to make thick paste like chapati dough.
5. Stuff this masala in all half fried brinjals.
6. In a pan, heat 1 tbsp oil, arrange all stuffed brinjals one by one. Keep this pan on low flame, covered and fry for 15 minutes. Every 4 minutes, slowly move the brinjals to cook evenly on all sides.
7. Now add remaining stuffing masala on stuffed brinjals, add 1/2 cup water and little quantity of salt. Mix slowly, covered, cook more 5 minutes on low flame.
8. Finally add finally chopped coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
9. Serve hot with white rice.
Note: Mix brinjals very slowly and carefully otherwise they may be mashed.
Bookmark this post: