Boiled Eggs : 3 (As required)
Chopped Onions : 1/2 cup
Tamarind(Chinthapandu) : small lemon size(1)
Water : 1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder(Pasupu/Haldi) : a pinch
Red Chilli powder : 1 tbsp
Salt : As per taste
Menthi powder(menthulu) : 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder(Dhaniyalu) : 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder(Jeelakarra) : 1/2 tsp
oil : 2 tbsp
Jeera : 1/4 tsp
Mustards(Avalu) : 1/4 tsp
Fresh curry leaves : 3 or 4
Fresh finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
1. Extract the thick juice from tamarind and keep aside.
2. In a kadai, heat the oil then add jeera, mustards, curry leaves and onions. Fry the onions till they become slightly red on the edges on medium flame.
3. Then you can add turmeric, red chilli powder, menthi powder, coriander powder and jeera powder respectively. Then mix and fry for 2 minutes on low flame.
4. Then add the tamarind juice, 1/2 cup of water and salt, mix well. Immediately drop the boiled eggs into the gravy slowly. Then cover with a lid, cook on high flame till a boil comes. Then keep the flame on medium or low till the gravy becomes thick.
5. After that take into bowl, garnish with fresh finely chopped coriander leaves.
6. It goes well with hot steamed rice. I love it.
Bookmark this post: