Prep : 10mts
Cooking time: 15mts
Cuisine : Andhra
1 medium sized bottlegourd (Cut into medium cube sized pieces)
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp mustards
few curry leaves
1 chopped big onion
3-4 green chillies (slit them into length wise)
1 tsp ginger juliens
1 tsp garlic juliens
a pinch of turmeric powder
5 tbsp milk (low fat)
salt as per taste
fresh finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish
1. Heat oil, add jeera and mustards, let them pop, add ginger and garlic juliens, fry for 5 seconds.
2. Add green chillies, curry leaves and chopped onions, fry till transparent.
3. Add turmeric powder, saute for few seconds, add bottlegourd pieces, mix, covered, stirring, cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add milk and salt, mix gently, covered, stirring, cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Adjust salt and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
6. It goes well with rice and chapathis.
Note: I would like to cook bottlegourd pieces as half boiled. If you want you can cook bottlegourd till tender.
Bookmark this post: