1 cup chutney dal(putnala pappu)
1/2 cup coriander seeds (dhania)
3 dry red chillies
1 tsp salt
1. Take all the above ingredients into a blender, make a smooth powder.
2. Store in a air tight container and use for any vegetable fry.
Prep : 10mts
Cooking time: 15mts
Cuisine : Andhra
1 shredded medium size cabbage
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp jeera
1 tsp mustards
few curry leaves
4 green chillies (slit them length wise)
1 tsp ginger juliens
1 tsp garlic juliens
1 chopped big onion
a pinch of turmeric powder
2 tbsp dal powder (above)
salt as per taste
Fresh shredded coconut for garnish (optional)
1. Heat oil, add jeera and mustards, let them pop, add ginger and garlic juliens, saute for few seconds.
2. Add curry leaves, green chillies and chopped onions, fry till transparent.
3. Add turmeric powder, mix, add shredded cabbage, mix, covered, stirring, cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add above dal powder and salt, mix, covered, cook for more 5 minutes. Adjust salt and turn off the heat. Garnish with fresh shredded coconut.
Note: Be careful about adding salt in the curry, because salt is already added in dal powder.
Bookmark this post: