2 cups shredded cabbage
1/2 cup moong dal (split moong dal)
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp mustards
1 tsp urid dal
1 tsp chana dal
2 dry red chillies
few curry leaves
1 big chopped onion
3 green chillies (slit them length wise)
a pinch of turmeric powder
1/2 tsp ginger juliens
1/2 tsp garlic juliens
salt as per taste
chopped coriander leaves for garnish
1. Soak the moongdal in plenty of water for about 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add jeera and mustards, let them pop, add dry red chillies, chanadal and urad dal, saute for few seconds, add chopped ginger and garlic, again saute for few more seconds on low heat.
3. Now add green chillies, curry leaves and chopped onions, fry till onions become slightly reddish on low heat, add turmeric powder, saute for 5 seconds.
4. Then add soaked moongdal, mix, covered, stirring, cook for 15 minutes or till dal become slightly tender on low heat. Now add chopped cabbage, mix, covered, stirring, cook till cabbage and dal completely cook.
5. Lastly add salt, mix, cook for few more seconds, turn off the heat and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
6. It goes well with rice with combination of any kind of rasam or sambar.
Note : 1. If you want you can sprinkle little water to cook early. But my suggestion is cook cabbage and moongdal in its own water on low heat for great taste.
Bookmark this post: