1 medium sized cauliflower (washed in salted warm water)
1 tbsp oil or butter
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp mustards
1 chopped onion
few curry leaves
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 chopped big tomatoes
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder (Jeera powder)
1/2 tsp whole garam masala powder
salt as per taste
chopped coriander leaves for garnish
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil or butter, add the washed florets, stir fry for 5 minutes continuously on medium flame, remove and keep aside.
2. In the same vessel, heat oil, add jeera and mustards, let them pop, add chopped onions and curry leaves, fry till slightly reddish.
3. Add turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste, fry for few seconds, add all powders and salt except garam masala powder, mix, fry for few more seconds.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, cook till oil separates from the edges of the vessel.
5. Add fried cauliflower florets, mix gently, covered, cook for 5 minutes on low heat. Add garam masala powder, mix gently, covered, cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat, once cauliflower florets become completely tender.
7. It goes well with rice and chapatis.
Bookmark this post: