Prep & Cooking time : 15 mts
Serves : 3
Cuisine : Andhra
6 purple brinjals (round or lengthy)
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp mustards
1 chopped big onion
few curry leaves
4 green chillies (slit them length wise)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 chopped medium sized tomatoes
salt as per taste
fresh chopped coriander leaves for garnish
1. Cut each brinjal length wise and keep in salted cool water.
2. Chopp the onions and tomatoes, keep aside.
3. Heat oil, add jeera and mustards, let them pop, add chopped onions, curry leaves and green chillies, fry them till onions become slightly reddish on medium flame.
4. Add turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste, fry for few seconds, add brinjal pieces, mix gently, covered, cook for 3 minutes on low heat.
5. Add chopped tomatoes, mix, covered, cook for more 5 minutes, remove the lid, add salt, mix gently, uncovered, cook until gravy becomes thick.
6. Turn off the heat, garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves.
7. Serve hot with white rice.
Note: 1. Don't stir too much of brinjal pieces, otherwise they may broken into small pieces or sometimes smash.
2. Don't over cook the brinjal pieces, it may loose its natural taste.
3. Use tender brinjals for better taste.
4. Before starting curry, chopp onions, tomatoes and brinjal pieces, because brinjal pieces cooks within 3 minutes.
Bookmark this post: