Egg Masala Gravy:
Prep : 20mts
Cooking time: 30mts
Serves : 4
Cuisine : Indian
4 Boiled Eggs (Keep the 4 slits around each egg length wise, fry them till light golden color and keep aside)
4 tbsp oil
1 onion (Cut into 6 pieces)
4 tbsp dry coconut powder
2 tsp ginger pieces
2 medium size tomatoes (cut each into 6 pieces)
2 green chillies
5 garlic pods
a pinch of hing
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp whole garam masala powder
salt as per taste
1. Heat 1/2 tsp oil, add onion pieces, fry till light golden color and keep aside, let it cool completely.
2. In the same kadai, add dry coconut powder, fry till light golden color and keep aside, let it cool completely.
3. Next add 1/2 tsp oil, add tomato pieces, crushed ginger, green chillies, elachi and garlic pods, fry till tomatoes completely soft texture, turn off the heat, let it cool completely.
4. Take all the above fried ingredients into blender, make into smooth paste.
5. Heat remaining oil, add hing powder, add above ground paste, fry till oil separates.
6. Add red chilli powder, garam masala and 1/2 cup water, mix, cook for few seconds, add roasted eggs, covered, stirring, cook till gravy comes to desired thickness.
7. Turn off the heat and serve hot with any kind of fried rice dishes or also with chapathis or white rice or any kind of biryani dishes.
Bookmark this post: