Mung Bean Sprouts Koorma - II
Prep time: 2 days (for preparation of sprouts)
Cooking time: 20mts
serves : 4
Cuisine : Andhra
1 cup Whole Green Mung Bean sprouts
2 tsp oil
1 tsp jeera
1 tsp mustards
1 Chopped onion
few curry leaves
1 Aloo (cut into cube sized pieces)
1 carrot (cut into small cube sized pieces)
1 tsp red chilli powder
a pinch of turmeric powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp whole garam masala powder
salt as per taste
chopped coriander leaves for garnish
To make ground paste :
1 tsp Jeera (roasted)
10 cashewnuts (soak them for 15mts in 3 tbsp milk)
2 green chillies
2 tomatoes (cut each into 4 pieces)
1. For preparation of sprouts, wash the whole mung beans 2 times, soak them in plenty of water for 8 hours, later drain them and pour into a clean thin cloth, tie it properly and kept in a closed wardrobe for a night. Next day you can see fresh, organic and healthy mung bean sprouts.
2. First prepare the coarse paste of roasted jeera, soaked cashewnuts, green chillies and tomatoes, keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pressure pan, once oil heat, add jeera and mustards, let them pop on low flame. Add chopped onions and curry leaves, fry them till brown color.
4. Now add turmeric, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder and coriander powder mix, roast it for 3 seconds, add aloo, carrot cubes and mung bean sprouts, mix gently, covered, cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
5. Next add the ground paste, salt and 1 cup water, mix gently, cook them covered for about 15 minutes, until vegetables and mung beans are slightly tender. At this stage, turn the heat into low, add whole garam masala, mix, cook them covered for more 15 minutes or until the curry thickens. Adjust the salt, garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
6. It goes very well with rice or chapatis.
Bookmark this post: