Cabbage - Green Peas Fry:
Prep : 10mts
Cooking time : 20mts
Serves : 3
Cuisine : Andhra
1 medium size chopped cabbage (cut the cabbage length wise)
1/2 cup green peas
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp jeera
1 tsp mustards
1 tsp finely chopped ginger (chop the ginger length wise)
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (chop the garlic length wise)
1 finely chopped onion (cut the onion length wise)
4 green chillies (slit them length wise)
few curry leaves
a pinch of turmeric powder
salt as per taste
finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish
1. Cut all the ingredients as per instructions and keep aside.
2. Heat oil, add jeera and mustards, let them pop. Add ginger and garlic, saute them for few seconds. Add curry leaves, green chillies and onions, fry till transparent on medium heat.
3. Add turmeric powder, mix, add shredded cabbage, mix, covered, stirring, cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
4. Add green peas, mix gently, covered, stirring, cook till cabbage and peas become tender.
5. Add salt and coriander leaves, cook for few more seconds and turn off the heat.
Note: 1. If you want the dry content, when you add the salt, don't cover with lid.
2. While doing the tempering, if you want you can add 1 tsp urid dal and 1 tsp chanadal for better taste.
Bookmark this post: