Chicken Dum Biryani:
Prep : 45mts
Cooking time: 50mts
Serves : 4
4 cups Basmati Rice (3/4 cooked and keep aside)
3 tbsp oil
3 chopped big onions (cut length wise thin slices)
3 bay leaves
2 green chillies (cut them length wise)
1 tsp whole garam masala powder
2 tbsp chicken biryani masala powder (optional)
salt as per taste
1 cup finely chopped coriander and mint leaves (mixed)
For Marination :
10 medium size chicken pieces
1 chopped medium size tomato
3 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
3 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 cup curd
1. Marinate the chicken pieces with above ingredients, keep aside for 30mts.
2. Heat oil, fry 1/2 cup thin chopped onions till brown color on low heat and keep aside.
3. In the same oil, add dalichini, lavangi, elachi and bay leaves, fry for few seconds, add remaining chopped onions and green chillies, fry till light brown color on low heat.
4. Add coriander and mint leaves, mix, fry for few more seconds.
5. Add marinade chicken pieces, mix, covered, cook for 30 minutes on low flame or till gravy comes to thick content. Then turn off the heat.
6. If you want to do the dum process in oven, then take a alluminium tray (like above) or if you want to do on stove, then take thick bottom wide vessel.
7. Greese the tray with some ghee or oil, start keeping the layers of rice and chicken respectively. First you keep the rice, next chicken , next fried onions and later chicken biryani masala powder.... like this till end of rice and chicken.
8. Cover the tray tightly with alluminium foil, keep in conventional oven, bake it for 20 minutes.
9. Finally serve hot with basic gravy and onion raita.
Bookmark this post: