Prep time : 15mts
Cooking time : 45mts
Serves : 4
Cuisine : Indian
3 cups basmati rice
2 cups all vegetables (mixing of chopped aloo, carrots, beans, green peas, cauliflower and capsicum)
3 tbsp gheer or butter
2 tbsp oil
2" piece dalchini
1 tsp shajeera
4 tbsp cashew nuts
1 big chopped onion (chopp it length wise)
5 green chillies (slit them length wise)
3 bay leaves
1/2 cup finely chopped coriander and mint leaves
6 cups water
salt as per taste
1. wash and soak the basmati rice for 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil and butter, add lavangi, dalchini, bay leaves, elachi and shajeera, saute for few seconds on low flame.
3. Add cashewnuts, green chillies and onions. Fry till transparent. Add all vegetables, mix, covered, cook for 5 minutes on low flame. Add finely chopped coriander and mint leaves, mix gently.
4. Add soaked basmati rice, mix gently, fry for 3 minutes. Add water and salt, mix, stirring, covered, cook till done on low flame.
5. Serve hot with Potato Gravy and Cucumber Raita.
Bookmark this post: