Spicy Chicken Curry:
Prep : 35mts
Cooking time : 40mts
Serves : 3
Cuisine : Andhra
Ingredients: For Marination:
2 lb small size chicken pieces (cleaned)
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 tsp red chilli powder (adjust)
3 tbsp curd
3 tbsp oil
2 medium size finely chopped onions
few curry leaves
1/3 cup of water
salt as per taste
1 tsp whole garam masala powder
finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish
1. Clean and wash the chicken pieces. Marinade the chicken pieces with all the above marinated ingredients, kept aside for 30minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a thick bottom vessel, add onions, fry till light golden color.
3. Add marinated chicken masala, mix, covered, cook for 5 minutes on high heat.
4. Later reduce the heat to low, add water, stirring, covered, cook for 30 minutes or till chicken completely cooks.
5. If you want thick gravy(like below photo), remove the lid and keep on high flame for 5 minutes. Then excess water will evaporate.
6. Reduce the heat to low, then add salt and whole garam masala powder, mix gently, covered, cook for more 5 minutes.
7. Add finely chopped coriander leaves. Turn off the heat.
8. Serve hot with white rice or chapathis.
Note: 1.For this curry, main secret is to cook the chicken on low heat. Then only you can enjoy the yummy taste of chicken curry.
Bookmark this post: