Veg Manchurian Gravy:
Prep : 15mts
Cooking time : 30mts
Serves : 4
Cuisine : Chinese
Ingredients: (Preparation of Manchurian Balls):
1 cup finely chopped carrots (I used mini chopper to cut all the vegetables)
1/2 cup finely chopped beans
1/2 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
1/2 cup finely chopped onions (optional)
1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage
4 tbsp maida or all purpose flour
4 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
salt as per taste
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Ajinamoto (Chinese salt)
oil for deep frying
1 tbsp oil
3 tbsp finely chopped garlic
2 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
2 tbsp finely chopped curry leaves
4 tbsp dark soya sauce (adjust)
5 tbsp tomato sauce (adjust)
1.5 cup buttermilk
1 tsp cornflour (dilute with 4tbsp water)
finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Mix all above ingredients (Manchurian balls ingredients) in a bowl into a tight content, make small size balls, deep fry in oil till light brown color on medium flame.
2. Heat oil in a kadai, add chopped garlic, chopped green chillies and chopped curry leaves, saute for few seconds, add soya sauce, tomato sauce and water or buttermilk, mix well, bring to a boil. Add diluted cornflour, mix, cook till gravy comes to thicken.
3. Now add above fried manchurian balls, mix gently, cook for more 5-10 minutes on low flame. You can observe that balls will observes the gravy. Sprinkle the finely chopped coriander leaves, turn off the heat.
4. It goes very well with chapatis or naans or parathas.
Note : 1. If you don't like eggs, you can replace with water to mix the contents tightly. But eggs will give more taste.
2. Along with above vegetables, you can add finely chopped capsicum and gobi also.
Bookmark this post: