Aloo Tomato Gravy:
Prep : 30mts (to boil aloo)
Cooking time : 20mts
Serves : 4
Cuisine : Andhra
3 boiled aloo (cut into cube sized pieces)
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp jeera
1 tsp mustards
few curry leaves
1 big chopped onion
a big pinch of turmeric powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 finely chopped medium size tomatoes
1.5 tsp red chilli powder
salt as per taste
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 cup water
finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish
1. Boil potatoes, cut into cube sized pieces and keep aside.
2. Chopp onion and tomatoes and keep aside.
3. Heat oil, add jeera and mustards, let them pop, add chopped onions and curry leaves, fry till transparent on medium heat.
4. Turn the heat to low, add turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste, mix, fry for few seconds.
5. Add potato cubes, mix gently, covered, cook for five minutes on low heat.
6. Add chopped tomato, mix, covered, cook for more 5 minutes on low heat. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and 1/2 cup water. Mix gently, covered, stirring, cook till gravy comes to desired thicken.
7. Turn off the heat, garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
8. Serve with any pulao rice dishes, white rice, chapatis and puris also. This is very tasty combination for all.
Bookmark this post: