Prep time : 10mts
Cooking time : 20mts
Cuisine : Indian
1 MTR Gulab Jamuns readymade mix
Milk as per required to mix dough
oil or ghee for frying
450 grs Sugar
1/2 ltr water
1/2 tsp elachi powder
1. Take the sugar and water into a wide vessel, keep it on stove on medium flame till one boil, when its boiled add elachi powder. Reduce heat to low, cook till 15mts.
2. In the same time you mix the jamun mix with milk, prepare small round balls. While doing the balls, put the oil or ghee in a thick bottom kadai, keep it on stove on high heat for 3 minutes.
3. After that reduce heat to low, drop each ball into oil or ghee slowly, fry till golden color. Remove from oil, immediately drop slowly in the sugar syrup. Like fry all the other balls and drop in the syrup.
4. When you drop the last ball in syrup, Close the syrup bowl with a lid or foil for 45 mts.
5. After 45 minutes you can observe the size of jamuns will increase means they observes the syrup. Serve hot or cool. They will melt like icecream.
Note: 1. Complete the dough preparation as early as possible. Don't mix the dough too much with your hand, otherwise while frying the jamuns in oil or ghee, they will break.
2. After mix the dough, cover with wet cloth for 5 minutes, then make small size balls.
3. Fry the jamuns in oil or ghee on low heat. Otherwise they won't cook inside of the jamuns.
Bookmark this post: