Onion Rava Dosa:
Prep time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 5 minutes
Serves : 3
Cuisine : Indian
2 cups fine suji or thin bombay rava or semolina
1 cup rice flour
1 cup yogurt or thick buttermilk
salt as per taste
2 tsp crushed cumin seeds
2 finely chopped green chillies
1 medium finely chopped onion
3 tbsp finley chopped coriander leaves (optional)
1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
oil for making dosas
1. Blend rava with rice flour, slat, finely chopped green chillies, finely chopped onions, coriander leaves, ginger and cumin seeds. Now add slowly the buttermilk to make a thin batter. It should not watery. Adjust salt.
2. Heat tawa, spread oil with a cloth, pour a laddle full of batter on tawa in a circular motion starting from the outside of tawa. Don't spread batter like normal dosa.
3. Pour 1/2 tsp oil on and around dosa, cook both sides till golden color on medium heat.
4. Serve hot with groundnuts chutney or coconut chutney and sambar.
5. I would like to serve with groundnut chutney.
Note: 1. If you want, you can avoid onions, then it will be "Rava Dosa"
Bookmark this post: