Prep time : 20 minutes (for preparation of tamarind pulp)
Cooking time : 45 minutes (to cook the rice and for tempering)
Serves : 3
Cuisine : Andhra
4 cups cooked rice (basmati or sonamasoori)
4 or 5 tbsp thick tamarind pulp
salt as per taste
4 tbsp oil
1 tsp jeera
1 tsp mustards
few curry leaves
2 dry red chillies
2 green chillies (slit them length wise)
1 tsp chanadal
3 tbsp groundnuts
a big pinch of hing
a big pinch of turmeric powder
1. Before 1 hour only cook the rice, take it into a wide vessel and let it cool completely.
2. Keep the tempering with oil, jeera, mustards, red chillies, green chillies, chanadal, groundnuts, curry leaves, hing and turmeric powder and keep aside.
3. First mix tamarind pulp and salt with rice gently. Adjust pulp according to your likes of sour taste. After that add above tempering to the mixed tamarind rice, again mix gently.
4. Adjust the salt and serve.
Note : 1. Take care about the frying of chanadal and groundnuts. They should not burn.
2. You can prepare tamarind pulp at a time and store in a bottle and keep in the freezer. But if you want to keep like that some process will be there. You should follow that. Very soon I will post that tamarind pulp proceadure, which is very useful for working ladies as well as home makers too.
Bookmark this post: