July 17, 2007

TINDORA FRY (DONDAKAYA VEPUDU)

This is one more favourite vegetable dish of our family. Here is the recipe:


Dondakaya Vepudu:
Prep time: 10mts
Cooking time : 20mts
Serves : 2
Cuisine : Andhra

Ingredients:
2cups finley chopped tindora (cut them length wise)
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp jeera
1 tsp mustards
few curry leaves
1 dry red chilli (optional)
4 green chillies (slit them length wise)
1 big finely chopped onions
1 tsp finely chopped ginger
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
a pinch of turmeric powder
salt as per taste
3 tbsp of fresh grated coconut
coriander leaves for garnish

Method:
1. Chopp the tindora, onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies and keep aside.

2. Grate the fresh coconut and keep aside.

3. Heat oil in a thick bottom kadai, once heat, add jeera and mustards, let them splutter on low heat. Add green chillies, red chilli and curry leaves, fry for few seconds.

4. Add chopped onions, fry till transparent on medium heat.

5. Once onions slightly fried, add ginger, garlic and turmeric powder, mix, fry for few more seconds.

6. Add chopped tindora, mix, stirring between, covered, cook till done on low heat.

7. Finally add fresh grated coconut and salt, mix well, covered, cook for more 5 minutes. Finally sprinkle the fresh finely chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.


8. Serve with white rice or chapatis.
StumpleUpon DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google Twitter FaceBook

24 comments:

  1. That looks so good! I have never cooked with tindora, I going to get some for the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 17, 2007

    looks yummy
    i know tindora need to be fried a lot to get the most out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! i have some tindora in the refrigerator...will try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite too.Love the caramelized look of Tindora.Great with chapatis or rice,yum!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Hi Saju, try it and let me know. Thanks for dropping by and keep on coming.

    @Hi Lata, thanks a lot.

    @Hi Raji, yeah you are right. Thanks for dropping by.

    @Hi Tee, try and let me know. I am sure, you will fall in love with that recipe. Thanks.

    @Hi Asha, thanks dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks delicious, will try it next time i get tindora. liked ur idea of adding coconut, yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi jyothi thats a nice dondakaya fry.....i really love the taste it gives....nice recipe

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Hi Richa, try it and let me know. Thanks for dropping by.

    @Hi Shanti, even I love the taste of this recipe too. Thanks dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jyothi!
    tried out your recipe for lunch today...turned out great! loved it and this will certainly be made more often at my place. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. vepudu chala baga undhi. I usually dont add ginger and garlic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is simple but looks delish....Love it..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    You've been tagged

    http://komalzdesai.blogspot.com/2007/07/7-random-facts.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple and comfort food ....Thks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice recipe. My husband cooks this very well and I m fond of it.

    I have tagged you for MeMeMe, play along if you have time

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dondakaya looks yummy...my daughter likes it a lot...thanks for sharing this version..

    Srivalli
    www.cooking4allseasons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Hi Tee, you are too fast. Glad you liked it. Thanks for dropping by.

    @Hi Sharmi, mostly I add ginger and garlic in all recipes for best flavour and also for healthy purpose. Just try once and let me know. Thanks for your comments.

    @Hi Sukanya, thanks dear.

    @Hi Komal, thanks for keeping message and also for tagging me. I will try to reveal some facts about me very soon. Once again thanks dear.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Hi Deepa, you are right. Thanks for dropping by.

    @Hi bhags, you are lucky... :). Anyway thanks for your message and tagging me. Very soon I will try to reveal some facts about me. Once again thanks dear.

    @Hi Srivalli, thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll have mine with rice, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Hi Cynthia, even I will prefer this dish with rice only. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I Tested it....
    Really good recipe.....
    I like top see this recipe in your blog.....
    Thanks for share........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope it is helpful! You explain it so well that even I could do this:) I want to thank you for the efforts you have made in composing this article.

      Delete
  21. Tested it....
    Really good recipe.....

    ReplyDelete
  22. nice your site thanks for sharing love you all team good work keep it up

    WiFi Hacking
    WiFi Hacker
    Password Hacker
    WiFi Hack Password

    ReplyDelete