Prep time: 10mts
Cooking time : 20mts
Serves : 2
Cuisine : Andhra
2cups finley chopped tindora (cut them length wise)
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp jeera
1 tsp mustards
few curry leaves
1 dry red chilli (optional)
4 green chillies (slit them length wise)
1 big finely chopped onions
1 tsp finely chopped ginger
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
a pinch of turmeric powder
salt as per taste
3 tbsp of fresh grated coconut
coriander leaves for garnish
1. Chopp the tindora, onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies and keep aside.
2. Grate the fresh coconut and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a thick bottom kadai, once heat, add jeera and mustards, let them splutter on low heat. Add green chillies, red chilli and curry leaves, fry for few seconds.
4. Add chopped onions, fry till transparent on medium heat.
5. Once onions slightly fried, add ginger, garlic and turmeric powder, mix, fry for few more seconds.
6. Add chopped tindora, mix, stirring between, covered, cook till done on low heat.
7. Finally add fresh grated coconut and salt, mix well, covered, cook for more 5 minutes. Finally sprinkle the fresh finely chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
8. Serve with white rice or chapatis.
Bookmark this post: