Karappodi (Spicy Groundnuts Powder):
Prep time : 15mts
Cooking time : 0 mts
Cuisine : Andhra
Groundnuts : 2 cups
Jeera : 2tbsp
Coriander seeds (Dhania) : 2 tbsp
Garlic pods : 5
Dry red chillies : 5
Salt as per taste
- Without adding any oil, fry jeera and coriander seeds on medium heat till they turn brown. Don't burn them. Remove from kadai and keep aside and let them cool.
- In the same kadai, add the red chillies, fry them for 2 minutes and keep aside.
- Then add the groundnuts, fry them till roasted. Let them cool, remove the skin and keep aside.
- Once cool all the above ingredients, grind the jeera, coriander seeds and red chillies first (grind them coarsely) followed by groundnuts, garlic pods and salt, grind them to 3 to 5 seconds only to a coarse powder (it should not form like ball or paste). Adjust the salt. Store in airtight container.
Note: 1. Instead of dry red chillies, you can use red chilli powder also.2. You can increase or decrease the red chillies according to your spice level.
2. Make sure that cool all ingredients before grinding otherwise while grinding it may form as ball.
Bookmark this post: